These 1-day Riggers and Signalperson courses assist employers in meeting the current federal and selected state regulations for Qualified Person training, testing, and evaluation. This is NOT a national certification program.
The Rigging portion of the program covers risk management, general crane safety & hazards of operating cranes, rigging plans, the use and inspection criteria for master links, shackles, eyebolts, lifting eyes, slings, sling angles, hitches, spreader bars and equalizer beams, calculataing load weight & and center of gravity. Additionally, the Signaling/Spotting portion of the program covers Qualified Signal Person requirements, power line safety, positioning, craning hazards, signal person requirements, and hand and verbal crane signaling, meanings, actions and potential hazards they may cause.
- Student workbook
- Classroom instruction
- Written examination
- Practical workshop rigging scenarios
- Registration is required. Classes fill up quickly and we cannot always accommodate walk in students.
- The training schedule is further down this page and can be filtered by location, date, and number of seats available.
- Clicking on a class will take you to a detailed class description page with online registration.
- All pricing options are listed within the description after you select a class.
- Almost all of our open enrollment classes offer registration options for End User and Train the Trainer students. The student will select their “Student Type” during the online registration process.