Greater Seattle Area
- Career Level:
Level 1, 2, or 3 Experienced
General and Construction Industry
- Job Category:
Full Time, Level 1, 2, or 3 Instructor/Evaluator
Job Description, Level 1 Instructor
- Provides training and operational performance evaluations for our clients via scheduled open enrollment courses as well as on-site client specific courses to assist employers and operators in satisfying both their safety training needs as well as State/Federal regulatory compliance.
- Utilizing technical and professional expertise, confident instructing and facilitation skills they will exceed client expectations.
- By providing our End User and Train the Trainer safety training programs in a professional manner, the instructor has the opportunity to positively affect client relationships and ensure the services provided exceed the customer expectations.
- Provides our industry leading safety training services to the small equipment hoisting and lifting professionals on small hoisting equipment including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts, pallet jacks, order selectors and telehandlers), Aerial Work Platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts and bucket trucks), Loaders (skid steer, front end and log loaders), Rigging/Signaling, Fall Protection and Overhead Cranes.
- Scheduled from our home office, providing our training services generally within their geographic territory (greater northwestern WA area), however OVERTON Safety Training offers training services at client locations on a national level, the instructor will also have the opportunity to travel to support customers training needs utilizing their professional training skills and our industry leading training programs and materials.
- Our full time instructors enjoy being home-based as well as traveling, and are provided with our company instructor training, a company vehicle, insurance, smartphone, laptop and all training materials necessary to provide the services requested.
Job Description, Level 2 Instructor
- Same as Level 1 PLUS
- Provides our training programs in additional Hoisting Equipment categories to teach include Mobile Crane, Boom Trucks, Carry Deck Cranes, Articulating Cranes,
- Ability to achieve NCCCO Nationally Certification as a Practical Examiner in any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
Job Description, Level 3 Instructor
- Same as Level 2 PLUS
- Current possession of NCCCO Nationally Certification as a Practical Examiner in any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
- Provides our preparatory training programs and applicable NCCCO National Certification Exams on any/all of the applicable Crane, Rigging or Signaling National Certification Classifications.
A qualified applicant will possess:
- Desire to make employment with us a career decision.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable. Must meet OVERTON Safety Training safe driver standards.
- Be able to travel/fly in the United States
- 5-10 years general industry, construction or military applicable hosting equipment operation/training experience.
- 5+ years previous experience in training, instructing and evaluating end users.
- Pleasing social demeanor, ability to represent our company professionally at all times
- Effective communication, teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability and desire to instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer.
- Bilingual, second language ability (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
About the Company
For over 20 years, OVERTON Safety Training has been providing our professional and industry leading safety training services and training materials for employers and operators in both General Industry and Construction Industry. Last year alone we provided our services to over 8,000 crane, forklift, aerial work platform and rigging professionals in 23 states. With over 20 different hoisting and lifting training programs to choose from including operator training courses, Train the Trainer courses and our professional safety training materials, OVERTON is a leader in assisting employers with accomplishing their safety training and regulatory compliance goals.
We are proud to say that three of the largest forklift and aerial work platform sales and rental companies in the entire Western Region chose to partner with OVERTON Safety Training as the solely approved training provider, to assist their clients, and host training programs for the industry at their locations stretching from San Diego CA to Bellingham WA which include: Pape Material Handling (the Hyster Distributor) with 29 locations in the 6 western states, Star Rentals and Sales with 16 locations in OR and WA, and Peterson Cat Rentals (the Caterpillar Distributor) with 6 locations in Oregon.
As the recognized national training provider for HIAB cranes we are a leader nationally in Crane Operator preparatory training courses and NCCCO National Certification Exams provided, we are one of the largest providers of NCCCO exams in the country and we are the largest provider of NCCCO Articulating Crane Exams in the country with 800 provided in 2016 and 1,000 provided in 2017.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, personal leave, sick pay
- 401K with company match contribution %
- Medical and dental insurance plans
- Paid travel expense
- Company paid vehicle, fuel, insurance, service